Woot Woot! Sorry, but I don't think I can put it any other way! I am so excited and happy to announce that Ryan and I are officially HOME OWNERS! This blog post is a little behind schedule though because we have been officially home owners (or home owers for the next 30 years) since mid June! I am sure this sounds silly to most people, but I finally feel like a real adult!
Here is our Home Sweet Home!
We have actually been living here for the past 7 years in the basement apartment renting from Ryan's Grandma. She recently was moved into an assisted living center which is why we had the opportunity to buy. Grandma Jane (aka Ryan's Grandma) has always told us she would love for us to buy it from her someday so that the home could stay in the family. I got pretty teary eyed when we signed the papers, because after we had finished all the paper work and were ready to leave she told both Ryan and I that she thinks her husband John (who built the house 50 years ago, and passed away over 40 years ago) would be honored for us to make it our home! That meant so much to us both, and makes this home even more special to us!
Their are a lot of improvements that need to be made, mostly cosmetic, but that is our favorite part! Either doing these improvements together will draw us closer, or cause a whole lot of arguments! (Hopefully not the later :) ) I am extremely lucky to be married to such a handy man so that we can do majority of the improvements ourselves!
Their are going to be a lot of new changes coming to my blog and I am excited to be able to share them with you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment