Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Welcome Home Daddy!

So a lot of people already know that Ryan was gone for 5 whole long weeks training in Oklahoma City for work! Maggie and I were unable to go with him so it was just the two of us at home. I did not want to blog or facebook it because I didn't want any crazies coming over and stuff. (I can get kind of paranoid sometimes!) Anyways it was a long and hard and very lonely separation for both of us but the benefits of it in the end are worth it, and the reunion was great!

I learned a lot about myself and what I am actually capable of doing on my own, which in some ways is a comfort if in any way I had to be on my own (which hopefully that will never happen:)! A few things that were definitely easier while the hubby was gone.....

Laundry

Cleaning...I am amazed at how less messy things were! I think partly it was because I was constantly cleaning to keep myself busy too!

Dieting...no offense to my husband or anyone else, but since Ry has been home, my healthy eating and dieting has gone straight out the window! I think husbands can be saboteurs!

Exercising...I just knew that Maggie had to come with me regardless of where I went so I took her. Now I wait until Ryan gets home so I can go on my own, and then well, I don't! (my own problem, I know!) I am just soo tired by the end of the day and am sooo not a morning exercising kind of person!

It is so nice having my hubby home with me now! I think this experience has only had a positive impact on our relationship! The best part of Ryan coming home was that he surprised me and came home a day early than he was supposed to! I couldn't stop smiling the whole evening! Maggie especially missed him and his tractor rides and playing in the dirt! She is definitely a Daddy's girl all the way!

The next day that Ryan got home! He immediatly started working in the yard and garden with Maggie!


Unfortunately Ryan's training isn't done yet and he will need to go again for even longer than before, but like I mentioned earlier in this post I am kind of paranoid about the crazies and will not say when and for exactly how long, but I can say that I am really NOT looking forward to it! I am just going to miss him sooo much! More than anything it is just so lonely for the both of us! However I know we can do it!

We love you Ryan and are so happy to have our Daddy and husband home safe and sound!

1 comment:

Delahunty Family said...

I agree I never put anything online if Aaron is gone, even if it's just for one night, I don't want any one to know I'm alone! Also about the dieting and exercising, my sister lost a ton of weight a couple years ago and I asked her how in the world she did it and she said my husband was deployed (he was gone for the army for 15 months) she said if you ever want to loose weight get your husband deployed! I think I would rather be a little heavy and have my husband at home :) really though I think they can be saboteurs! Good luck with the next time he is gone! Glad you can be with him now.