Friday, October 31, 2008

An unfortunate event

Well, I guess it is time to quit delaying and let everyone know what has happened. Unfortunately when Ryan and I went for our 12 week ultrasound we were extremely caught off guard and were informed that they could not detect the heartbeat of our baby. They think that it died about 1/2-2 weeks ago. I went to the ER around that same time because I was having some pain in my side, but was assured that the baby was fine. I had to go into surgery and have a D&C since my body did not miscarry. We are both extremely heart broken and want to thank everybody that already knows (and that will know soon) for their love and support they have given us. We really appreciate it!
Love,
Emily and Ryan

20 comments:

Natster said...

My thoughts and prayer are with you two! If you need to talk- or just need girl time call me ok?

Mike and Michelle said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I had a miscarriage in May. I was only 6 weeks along though. It would be a lot harder to be farther along. I really am sorry. It's a tough thing. Especially when you see other pregnant people and you think, "That should be me." That's how I felt. Anyway, hope you're doing alright.

Delahunty Family said...

I am so sorry. I hope you guys are doing ok. You will be in our prayers! Love ya!

Tiffany said...

Oh Emily, I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers will be with you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for you two. I love you so much and am praying for you guys!

The Myers said...

Oh Em, I am so sorry to hear that. I can't imagine what you are going through. Just know that God wouldn't do anything that you and Ryan can't handle. We love you, and are praying for you.

Melanie said...

Em~ I'm sorry to hear what happened. I know that you and Ryan are strong and can get through this. Trials are what makes us stronger. I've never lost a child but I know how it is to lose someone you love so if you need someone to talk to I'm all ears. Life is hard but we are all blessed with other great things because of it. Your an amazing woman and have a wonderful spirit. I love ya girl

Catmull's said...

You are in my prayers. it's not a fun thing to go through, and it sucks that you have to. Keep your chin up and your heart open.

Roberts Fam'ly said...

I love you Em & Ryan. Just keep trusting the Lord and everything will work out!
Love, Kim

Perry's said...

I am so sorry to hear. If you need anything please let me know. I will pray for you. It is good to know that one day you will get to raise that child again.

weston'smommy said...

I am so sorry Emily. I know we haven't talked since high school but I saw your blog on Cherish's one day. I am sorry. I really hope you are feeling okay.

Catmull's said...

Hey sweetie. send me your email address so i can invite you to my blog. my email is bryceandhanah@gmail.com

Melissa said...

That is so hard Emily! Our thoughts are with you and I am sure you will have good news again soon!!!

McCall said...

i am so sorry. my thoughts and prayers are with you.

The Child's said...

Ryan and Emily, I'm so sorry. Our prayers are with you and I hope you're doing ok Em, let me know if there's anything I can do.

Cherish said...

I'll say it again, I'm so sorry. love ya.

THE BENNION BUNCH said...

I AM SORRY TO HEAR. STAY STRONG. OUR PRAYERS WILL BE WITH YOUR LITTLE FAMILY!

Michelle said...

I don't mean to sound like a recording of everybody else but we are so sorry, we hope you're doing okay. Just take one day at a time.

Sara said...

I am so sorry! I know how you feel because that same thing happened to me when I had my first miscarriage. There is nothing worse than going through all the sickness, and all the excitement only to end up having a miscarriage. Only the Lord can make sense of it all and I pray He u will comfort you both at this time.

The Stevens said...

I am so very sorry. You will be in our prayers and thoughts and I know the Lord will bless you.