Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Chicken Tortilla Soup

So I have had a few request now for this soup that I made up (well I don't know if I really made it up but I just put ingredients in that I thought would go in this soup). It is a chicken tortilla soup, and I know it is really good because Ryan had 3 bowls of it. So with out further introduction I give you my soup!

1 yellow onion chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 can 12 oz crushed tomatoes
1 can 10 oz diced tomatoes w/green chilli's
1 pkg taco mix
3 cans chicken broth
1 rotisserie chicken de-boned and meat shredded (don't forget to remove the skin

Cook the onion and garlic at the bottom of the pan, then add the crushed and diced tomatoes. Mix in the taco seasoning then add the chicken broth and shredded chicken. I like to garnish the soup with shredded cheese, avacados, green onions, sour cream and chips. A little squeeze of lime is really good in it too.

This soup only takes at most start to finish 20-30 mins to cook before you serve it and it is really tasty and will keep for a few days

1 comment:

McCall said...

yummy - it looks delicious. i love all tortilla soups! can't wait to see you at the reunion tomorrow!