Monday, January 30, 2012

Changes

Our house is suddenly very quiet! Sometimes I love it and sometimes I hate it! And sometimes I feel guilty that I like it! So many mixed emotions right now! On Saturday January 21st, Grandma Jane was moved into an assisted living home. So what that means is that Ryan and I (after 7 years) are actually living in this house all by ourselves! I always dreamt of this day......but I never thought I would be thinking to my self how much I miss the creaks of the floor upstairs, or almost tripping down the stairs to our apartment because grandma placed day old doughnuts from the senior center at the top of them!

So many people are talking about how much of an adjustment this is for them (and believe me I don't doubt for a second that it is), but I really think it is probably one of the biggest adjustments for Ryan and I. For 7 years she has been a part of our little family and sadly it has taken 7 years for me to fully realize it! I miss the excitement that both her and Maggie would get when they would greet each in the morning and Maggie's little squeal as she was climbing the stairs to go visit her.

As much as I miss her so much, I can already see that she is happier (even if she doesn't admit it). She has already made many friends, and it is nice to know that she is being constantly looked after and taken care for, especially since her memory is not quite the same and she forgets things very easily. I am so happy to know that she is under good care!

Grandma we love you and miss you and you will always be a part of our little family!

Love Emily, Ryan and Maggie (your little "Button Button")

1 comment:

THE BENNION BUNCH said...

OH PRECIOUS! WHAT A SWEET LITTLE LADY! YOUR CUTE LITTLE MAGGIE IS SOOO BIG! SHE LOOKS A LOT LIKE YOU.