Monday, August 22, 2011

Gunnell Girls weekend!

Finally the weekend after we got all done with the Page family it was a girls only weekend (with my mother in-law Elaine's sisters and nieces)! IT WAS A BLAST! I seriously love getting together with them! All we did was eat laugh and eat! It is so fun to see all of Elaine's sisters together! They are so similar and have such fun personalities. We all chipped in and rented a condo in Midway and stayed for two whole days (no babies allowed)! It was my very first time ever spending a night away from Maggie. At first I didn't know what to do with my self and then quickly forgot all about it! We celebrated Jackie (Elaine's sister) and Jeni's (Elaine's sister in-law)50th birthdays! We had cake and presents the first night! It was hilarious! Jeni's daughter Amanda found these sweet dress suits at the D.I. for them which we made them wear to dinner the next night.



The next day was a free for all to do what we wanted, so the Page girls plus Jodi (Ryan's cousin) headed into park city where we rode the Zip line, the coaster, and the Alpine slide! It was so much fun! I can't wait to go up and especially do the coaster again!

Getting Ready for the coaster! This was my favorite ride up there! You control the speed and are belted in, but the faster you go the more fun and the better (and apparently safer too!)it is. I highly recommend doing it!


The ride up the mountain for the coaster decent was 6 mins long so I played around with my camera. Unfortunately this is what I did the whole time!

Me with Ryans sisters Emilee and Wendy

Wendy getting ready for the Zip line.

That evening we had dinner at a delicious Mexican restaurant! As soon as I remember what it is called I will recommend it to all of you, but I think it is the only one in Midway so that will probably narrow it down! Go there now! They had a salsa bar, and I was in heaven! I love spicy hot salsa and that was pretty much all of them!
The whole gang (minus Wendy who had to work! Poo!)
Me and Ryan's mom Elaine. Thank you so much Elaine for all you did for us Page girls while we were there! You are so generous!

I really needed a fun weekend like that! It was so nice to spend time with just the girls! I am so so grateful for Ryan's family! Since I met them on day one they have ALWAYS treated me like I have been a part of them from the beginning of time! I love you guys so much! Thanks for such a great and unforgettable weekend, and especially thank you for having me be a part of your family! I couldn't have asked for better in-laws!

No comments: