Monday, May 3, 2010

Chickens!!!

We got Chickens! I am so excited! We got 2 of them and they are called Ameraucana's! They are nicknamed "Easter egg laying chickens" because they lay blue and green eggs! We just got the chickens on Friday and they are still settling in to their new location so they have only laid one egg for us. We bought full grown chickens because we didn't want the responsibility right now of raising them from chicks, plus we wanted eggs right away! Yum! Their is something about fresh eggs! They taste soooo goood!




This egg is actually light blue but it is hard to tell from the picture. Also, I don't know why I look like I am in pain or disgusted holding this egg. It's really just a weird face!


Ryan is so AMAZING I really do have them most talented husband! (Sorry ladies, but it is the truth!) He built this coup all by himself! He even matched the paint color to the rest of the house! We still have some finishing touches to add, like a weather vein to the roof, but for the most part it is complete! It is even portable so we can move it to different sections of the garden!

I will let everyone know when we have an overabundance of eggs so that we can get rid of some, but for now they are all mine!

2 comments:

Emilee Wolters said...

Those are some cool chickens. Blake can't wait to come see them. Ryan you did a great job building the coup. "We love those chickens! We love you! And I like those chickens," says Blake!

The Myers said...

That is so cool! Wayne and I are going to get chicken hopefully next summer. Good job on the coup. What a cozy little place! I also must add that you are looking good EM!