Saturday, February 23, 2008

Mono E Mono

Well remember how I was really sick and throwing up? Well it turned out that I had food poisoning so I went to the Dr. and had a blood test and it also turns out that I have mono! The kissing disease! Mononucleosis! I am way bummed out. I have never had mono before, and it has made me feel very strange. Most of the time I just feel like I have a regular cold, and then I will get hit with a wave of tiredness and I cant even lift my arms or barely stand. And I cant lift anything very heavy because I could rupture my spleen! I am very grateful for my work for being so caring about me and making sure I get plenty of rest so that I can come back soon. I was out of commission for a week, and basically slept most of the days. My Dr. said their is no medication for mono because it is a virus so the best thing I can do is get plenty of rest and just "Take it easy". I am feeling much better today and can't wait to go back to work, because I have been so board at home by myself. So just a warning to family or any other people I have been with in the past couple of weeks. I am very very sorry if I gave it to you too. I learned that you can have mono for weeks before symptoms even show up. So it you think you might have it go get a blood test.

4 comments:

Bub said...

Shoot, Emily that is the second time you have transmitted a disease to me. No more. We're done!

Bub

Melissa said...

Em, that is crazy! I am glad you are starting to feel better and get your energy back!

Catmull's said...

that sucks that you have mono! I'm so glad you found me and posted on my blog! Of course I remember you! Your doggy is so cute!

Cherish said...

I can't believe you have mono. It sounds horrible. Hope you get better soon. I keep meaning to call you. How did you get it?