Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Bountiful garden!

This year our garden has been great, but also kind of a strange year for crops! Everything it seems came on so late! Regardless we were really able to utilize the produce we grew! I canned (this was really my first time doing some serious canning) peaches, pears, made salsa (which I might say is delicious). I also made freezer tomato sauce and am in the process of making my own baby food with some butternut squash! We always grow soo much. I almost NEVER buy produce starting about mid summer through the end of September! Everything in this pic is from the garden!
A volunteer cucumber plant grew between two of my tomatoes! It actually grew up the tomato plant!
Armenian cucumbers! Very tasty!
I decided to try growing some heirloom tomatoes this year. The picture above is some of them. They were almost 6ft tall! They are awesome! They all have different flavors shapes and colors! I recommend everyone to grow them!
Black Russian tomatoes (my favorite), and Pink lemons
Aussie (these were freakin' huge tomatoes!)
Striped Roma tomatoes and we also tried growing baby eggplant!

I don't know if it is from suddenly becoming a mother....but I feel so domestic all of the sudden! I just feel a need to make use of all of these things in my garden! I think canning is going to be a regular thing each year for me from now on! Next years goal...Pickles!

2 comments:

Me said...

I'm so impressed! It all looks so yummy! P.S. Your little girl is os dang cute!

McCall said...

wow! i am so jealous. i wish i had the space to do that. yum.