Sunday, April 26, 2009

Special Needs Mutual

Friday night Ryan and I went to go see his cousin Ronnie in a play at the Bountiful Regional center put on by the special needs mutual. It was AMAZING! It was such an great experience to see all these special spirits both young and old come together and perform for us. Ryan's cousin Ronnie was a duck! Any of you that know Ryan knows that ducks are a major part of his life! (He loves hunting!)

So when we found out that Ronnie was a duck we just had to go! It was definitely well worth it too! My favorite part of the play was the end when a girl who was originally a caterpillar for the royal family of butterflies didn't think she was special enough or good enough to be anything. Then, suddenly she turned into a beautiful butterfly! She was beaming on stage and looked so beautiful and happy to be the star of the show! I couldn't help it but to start crying! The special needs mutual puts a play on every year in April. I encourage anyone who needs to feel uplifted to go!
This is video that we took at the play. The first one is of the Hoppity happy frogs! The seconed is of the butterflies singing!

2 comments:

Kat Dog said...

It is truly amazing to see the special needs people. I'm in the young women's in my ward and a few weeks ago we did a dance for a special needs camp. It was awesome. I bet the Play you went to see was even better!

The Stevens said...

That was so amazing! I would have been crying the entire play. What special spirits!